Nail Trends 2016
Posted on 16th January, 2016
New Year, new trends. Popular nail styles change all the time throughout the year, with many trends from the past making their reappearance. Several fashion magazines make predictions on what the year will bring based on recent fashion show highlights. Here are just some of the trends predicted to hit the beauty industry in 2016:
- Coloured Tips: French manicured nails have been popular for a long time. This natural look has been replaced with the dramatic coloured tips. The same idea as French manicure but with a colourful twist.
- Metallic/Chrome: For a sleek, shimmery look, metallic colours are the perfect substitute to glitter while keeping the similar glint.
- Stripes: Stripes are in. Vertical. Horizontal. Diagonal. You name it.
- Glitter: For those who want that extra sparkle in their life. Glitter nails are ideal for any special occasion to jazz up an outfit.
- Nude: Natural looking nails come in and out of style. A simple nude shade leaves the hands looked clean and more feminine.
- Bold Colours: On the other hand…bright colours are a great way to add new shades to your life.
As well as new colour trends, the nail shape is also in important factor in the whole look. “Squoval” shaped nails prove to be a current craze. Square + Oval = Squoval. Because we like to mash words together to create something new. The “Squoval” nail is simply viewed as square nails with rounded edges, softening the shape.