Waxing vs Shaving
Posted on 13th February, 2016
That all important question – is waxing better than shaving?
Both methods of hair removal have their own benefits.
- Can be done at any time
- There is no need to wait for the hair to grow to a waxable length, so a quick shave before a night out is easy
- Shaving is essentially pain free – if you have a steady hand to avoid any unwanted cuts!
- Shaving can irritate the skin, leaving it dry and broken
- Stubble can begin to appear the very next day, depending on your hair growth rate
- Sometimes not all hair is removed
- Hair is removed from the root, meaning it takes much longer to grow back and the hair-free results are longer lasting
- Waxing is kinder to the skin
- Regular waxing weakens the hair follicles under the skin, so when the hair grows back it is less coarse and thinner
- You must wait until hair is at a certain length to be waxed
- Can be painful, but usually only for a few seconds
- Can cause ingrown hairs, especially in the bikini area, however the Outback Organics Kit contains a serum specific to treating ingrown hairs
We use Outback Organic wax at Experience. This wax uses natural ingredients from Australia to create a professional, ethical wax. We strive to provide the highest standard of products to our clients, and this wax is of a very high quality. The Outback Organics kit is available for purchase from our salon. Call to book a wax appointment today!